My fab followers x

Sunday 7 April 2013

Sympathy card!

Good evening Lovelies and a very warm welcome to new followers! I hope everyone is enjoying a splash of spring? I do hope it lasts!

I've made a sympathy card for a friend who has just lost her husband! He was elderly and had been ill for a long time! A sad loss but in many respects a blessing!

I used Linen texture card by Papermill direct mounted onto 6x6 card base! I scored two lines, masked then used Pan Pastels to create the coloured panel, the tulips are from Lavinia Stamps, the sentiment was £1 from Hobbycraft the butterfly is a spellbinder die and a pinch of white Fran-tage for some texture! Oops I've just noticed in the photo that it's not stuck down properly, I must make sure it is before I send it! A very simple card took only about 10 minutes. It's not easy trying to get a sympathy card right! I didn't want it to be too somber but also not too jolly either, I think I have it right? What do you think? I appreciate your comments xxx

 

24 comments:

Tina said...

its beautiful Zoe , you have the balance between the two perfect !hugs Tina xx

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful sympathy card Zoe, beautiful colours and you have the balance just right.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Barbara said...

Lovely card, those colours are so pretty....perfect for a sympathy card xx

Ami-May said...

This is really nice..like the above comments i think you have the right balance. i love the coloured panel. x

mags said...

I think your card is lovely and very appropriate for the occasion.
Mags
x

jane stillman said...

A very beautiful and very tasteful sympathy card x

Sylvia Anderson said...

You've got it just right Sweetie, it's a lovely card x

Kate M said...

Really beautiful and tasteful Sympathy card - you have the balance just right - I love the little splash of frantage.
xx

Unknown said...

Lovely card and just a perfect balance xx

Sylvia said...

A beautiful sympathy card.

Sylv xx

chrissie said...

A very beautiful and well designed card with stunning choice of colours.

Love Chrissie xx

Miradormakings said...

Beautiful sympathy card.

Joan x

Laine said...

A very beautiful card.
Laine
xx

Wendy said...

Sorry for your friend's loss, I'm sure she will appreciate such a beautiful card though! I've got to get some of that Frantage stuff, it's really effective. xxx

Anonymous said...

Zoe this is so beautiful xx

Carole said...

It's beautiful xx

Pauline Butcher said...

Absolutely perfect Zoe. Hugs P xxx

Im just me - Marleen said...

wow Zoe this is really classy. Perfect for such an occation. love it hun xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful and elegant hun, love the colour blending and the texture, I am sure it will have brought comfort to your friend
Lindsay xx

Jacqueline Smith said...

I think it's very elegant and so beautiful! Anyone would love to receive this in their time of sorrow! I know I would!

Di said...

I am so sorry for your friend's loss. Such a beautiful card Zoe and I am sure she will appreciate it xx

Sheila said...

Lovely card x

hazel said...

This is such a lovely sympathy card.
xxx Hazel.

purplekt22 said...

Beautiful card Zoe - always a difficult card to make but think you have done it perfectly. Love the subtle colours and flowers x